• Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• Enthusiasm for Cheesemans’ Ecology Safaris’ mission
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Impeccable attention to detail while conscious of the bigger picture
• Initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deadlines
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (copy writing and editing experience a plus)
• Commitment to providing the highest quality customer service
• Experience working in a small, fast-paced office environment with many interruptions
• Proficiency with computers and related software applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
• Technical aptitude to learn new technologies, software systems, etc. • Competency with math and basic accounting
• Passion for travel and wildlife, international and domestic travel experience is a plus
• Sales experience is a plus
• Marketing experience is a plus
• Customer service experience is a plus
Job Terms and How to Apply
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Los Gatos office (9am to 5pm). Compensation based on aptitude and experience, but starting at $20.16 to $21.22 per hour, including travel opportunities, paid sick and vacation time, health insurance, and SIMPLE IRA.
Please send a cover letter, resume, brief answers to the following questions (separate from your cover letter), and a link to a video introducing yourself via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled, but we will start to review applications by April 17, 2017. Make your email subject: “Wildlife Safari Coordinator Application – [Your Name].” No phone calls please. You must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in the United States. We thank all interested candidates – we will contact only those selected for an interview.
1. What motivates and excites you about this position?
2. What do you think will be your greatest contribution to our small company?
3. What are your career goals?
4. What do you think are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
5. Describe how you’ve managed and prioritized tasks.
6. Tell us about a time you helped resolve an issue with a customer or coworker.
7. Tell us about the most impressive thing that you have built or achieved.
8. Where did you see this job post?
 Application Video: Create a one to two minute video to introduce yourself and tell us about a personal wildlife or nature experience. Upload it to YouTube (mark as unlisted if you don’t want other people to find it; don’t mark it as private or disallow embedding, or we won’t see it). Just talk to us, so no editing, music, graphics, etc.