| Wild Planet Adventures, a leader in small group wildlife Adventure Travel and voted one of the “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth” by National Geographic Adventure is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Operations Manager, to support the President and be a key member of the Wild Planet Adventures team. |
Working directly with the President of Wild Planet Adventures, the Operations Manager will be responsible for daily operations, overall customer satisfaction and safety, cost management, tour management, and Wild Planet Adventures branding integrity on tours. This role is responsible for handling the day-to-day operations in all countries, as well as specific marketing and sales efforts.
- Supervise all daily aspects of international travel operations
Manage All Trip Planning and Coordination:
Manage and Improve Operational and Office Systems and Structures:
- All pre-departure details, flights and travel logistics, invoices, etc.
- Manage reservations for lodges and activities
- Monitor and maintain passenger documentation in accordance to current needs (passenger welcome letters, forms and documents, trip details)
Interact with Travelers, Operators and Guides
- Ensure that all trip budgets are met and costs are 100% accurate and maintained at necessary standards.
- Tracking, maintaining and overseeing all daily transactions, with full responsibility for accuracy.
- Implementing marketing strategy and logistics, including Google Adwords, email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Provide accurate operational, sales, financial and marketing reports to President for strategic decision-making, including performance monitoring, comprehensive sales strategy analysis and monitoring sales trends, using existing systems.
- All financial reconciliation and accounting using Quickbooks Online, in collaboration with our bookkeeper.
- Act as project manager to drive the integration and implementation of any new software or systems integration required, including needs assessment and all aspects of integration, assuring that it meets objectives, troubleshooting, liaison with developer, and bottom-line responsibility to assure usability, quality and budget adherence.
- Create and implement new (or improved) operations systems and trip planning structures to operate more efficiently.
- Drive the continued development of Wild Planet’s website, including regular content management, assuring that it meets objectives, troubleshooting, liaison with coders, SEO specialists and designers, and responsibility to assure bottom-line usability and quality, updating using Joomla interface.
Managing the flow of information to the President
- Manage and motivate a remote team of guides, lodge owners, transportation providers, activity providers, and inbound operators to provide exemplary services that meet Wild Planet standards for quality and price.
- Monitor trip feedback, and use this information to improve our product and customer experience
- Be an ambassador for Wild Planet Adventures, ensuring a high quality of experience with our brand at all touch points.
- Support the President in the General Management of the Company:
- Personal and Company Scheduling
- Special projects
- Handle all aspects of the business when President is traveling or on vacation.