We are advertising two separate but related sales positions, both of which are full-time in our Boulder, Colorado home office.
At Natural Habitat Adventures, we relish our casual, dog-friendly work environment. Although we take our jobs very seriously, we cannot say the same for ourselves! We strive for excellence and continual improvement while operating with a sense of humor and respect for one another.
Adventure Specialist: We are looking for an Adventure Specialist—a member of our sales team—with significant experience in the travel industry and extensive personal travel experience.
Adventure Associate: We are also looking for someone to join our Adventure Associate Training Program, designed to welcome passionate adventure travelers with limited industry experience and mold them into Adventure Specialists over time.
Job responsibilities of Adventure Specialists include but are not limited to the following:
- Learning our trip destinations and individual itineraries in detail
- Taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers
- Following up on leads to help determine the best trip fit for our travelers
- Booking and entering reservations and handling any pre-trip questions
- Developing and writing custom itineraries and proposals
As the official travel partner of World Wildlife Fund, Natural Habitat Adventures (NHA) is the world leader in responsible nature travel. Since 1985, our small-group nature expeditions have showcased legendary wildlife realms, from Churchill, Canada to witness wild polar bears, to the Galapagos Islands with their array of amiable creatures, to the vast plains of the Serengeti, home to Africa's great wildebeest migration, and much more. NHA's expert naturalist guides interpret these destinations and experiences for our guests in a highly personalized manner. And, as the world's first 100-percent carbon-neutral travel company, we aim to provide life-enhancing travel experiences for our guests with a focus on conservation education.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, video application and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the video application, please record yourself answering the five questions below in five separate video clips, each no more than one minute long. You can submit the individual video files together with your application materials.
- Since you're interested in this position, we presume you enjoy travel and the outdoors, but what makes you a passionate adventure traveler?
- Describe one of your most memorable travel experiences.
- What strengths do you have that would make you successful in connecting with our travelers?
- Select something you believe in or enjoy (product, cause, etc.) and sell us on it in a minute or less.
- Why do you want to work for Natural Habitat Adventures?
Please note, a grainy cell phone video is just fine – we care about the quality of your answers, not the quality of the video itself.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Relocation assistance is not available. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will receive an auto-reply receipt of their application, but will only be contacted personally in the event that we wish to pursue your candidacy.