We’re on the lookout for a bright and enthusiastic Africa Travel Consultant to join us on our mission to inspire people to travel to the continent’s most exotic and far-flung places. This role is completely flexible and you can work from anywhere in the world, from the comfort of your own home or wherever you might be traveling!
Timbuktu is a fully-funded travel startup designed to allow travellers to take their own hand in designing their dream safari. Our highly interactive online interface is challenging the status quo in African travel by giving travellers the ability to piece together a trip online in a way never seen before. It's exciting, fun and innovative. Based in the heart of Cape Town and with a remote team in UK & US, we are a rapidly growing company with big ambitions.
Join us and help us change how travel is discovered and booked in Africa!
Responsibilities of the role:
· Helping our guests to create their dream trips online, in both design and execution.
· Closing sales ranging from cold to hot leads.
· Liaising with our partners across Africa to ensure the highest levels of service are achieved for our guests.
· Interacting with our guests over the phone, email and instant chat at all stages of their journey, from booking to returning home from Africa.
· Ensuring that the lodges, trips and experiences recommended on our website, and guest communications, are of the highest standard and meet our brand criteria.
· Keeping up to date with developments across Africa including new safari camps, health advice, changes of management and flight connections.
· Helping to shape the Timbuktu brand and create the best company to book with for African travel!
What we are looking for:
· Knowledge and love of all things Africa.
· At least 2 years experience in Africa travel sales with proved performance.
· Understanding of the sales process, and the psychology of sales.
· Operations/management/in the field in Africa being a bonus but not required.
· Capacity to embrace change as we pioneer the new way to discover and book safaris.
· Passion for working with people and customer service.
· Ability to think quickly on your feet, calmly defusing problems as they arise.
· Desire to make exploring Africa easier for everyone.
What’s in it for you?
As an early employee at Timbuktu, you’ll have a key influence in shaping the brand and the direction of the company. It is a dynamic and quick to change environment which gives great opportunity to those who like that culture, and its results.
You will be surrounded by a travel and adventure culture. Learn and experience new corners of Africa with us. Ideally, the role is based in our Cape Town office, but consideration for a remote position.
Timbuktu is a fully-funded travel startup designed to allow travellers to take their own hand in designing their dream safari. Our highly interactive online interface is challenging the status quo in African travel by giving travellers the ability to piece together a trip online in a way never seen before. It is exciting, fun and innovative. Based in the heart of Cape Town and with a remote team in UK & US, we are a rapidly growing company with big ambitions.
Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) today is widely recognized as a vital leadership voice and partner for the adventure travel industry around the world. The membership and trade organization is designed to be a force for the industry and exists to drive thought leadership, industry promotion, and opportunities to network and convene globally to create trade and business health. It currently serves more than 1,000 members in 100 countries worldwide. The constituency is made up of tour operators, tourism boards, specialty agents, and accommodations all sharing a vested interest in the sustainable development of adventure tourism. Through its growing business services division, the ATTA delivers a portfolio of strategic solutions and a robust ecosystem of events around the globe. With specialized expertise in research, events, education, media, and promotion, the ATTA business service division is able to provide valuable solutions to a broad set of partners across many verticals of business.